The Agency is ready to cooperate with new partnering States and to provide them with our staff’s knowledge and experience in the implementation of EU funded programmes, in which ESFA’s 18 years of experience while administering the following programmes has afforded:
- Pre-Accession instruments (Phare ESS 2001, Phare ESS 2002);
- European Social Fund (ESF) (SPD 2004-2006, ESF 2007-2013, ESF 2014-2020, ESF 2021-2027 for the new programming period);
- Special Programmes (Community Initiative EQUAL, SOLID Funds, European globalization adjustment fund, National Programme of the European Year 2010 for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion, Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived, Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, FEAD).
With the intrusted programmes delegated to it, the ESFA focuses on ensuring that all funds given by the European Union and the Republic of Lithuania are appropriately used.
The following functions are administered during programme implementation:
- Launch calls for proposals;
- Inform and consult applicants;
- Evaluate of applications;
- Prepare grant contracts;
- Oversee project implementation: verify reports submitted by project promoters, verify and approve eligibility of expenditures reported in payment requests, carry out on-the-spot checks, verify submitted public procurement documents, modify grant contracts, manage risks, investigate irregularities.
ESFA can offer expertise in the following areas:
- Implementation of EU Twinning projects;
- Implementation and financial-administrative management of EU Technical Assistance projects;
- Reduction of administrative burden for ESF project beneficiaries;
- Implementation of Control and quality assurance systems;
- Assessment and oversight of a diversity of projects;
- Management of grant schemes;
- Access to a range of qualified experts;
- Public Relation instruments;
- Organization and management of project meetings and various events.
Delegations of CFCUs, Ministries of Finances and other institutions have visited the Agency from the following countries: Moldova, Macedonia, United Kingdom, Montenegro, Turkey, Estonia, Latvia, Albania, France, Belgium, Check Republic, Croatia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Poland and Finland. Also, Agency experts have gone to other countries receiving EU support to share their experience about EU financial support and administration. These site visits by Agency experts took place in the following countries: Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Belgium, UK, Scotland, Estonia and etc.
If your organization is interested in a study visit to ESFA and forming a partnership, you are always welcome to contact us regarding possible visit dates, subjects and other practical information. Send us (Asta Jurgutė, ESFA International Cooperation manager, firstname.lastname@example.org) please more details regarding your proposed study visit ideas and expectations from ESFA. We are receptive to new partnerships and welcome the opportunity to share our knowledge.