The ESF Academy
The European Social Fund Agency along with the Ministry of Social Security and Labour and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania announce the 1 of September of this year as the opening day of the ESF Academy.
The ESF Academy means the cycle of the informative, educative, training and employment activities for potential applicants being launched in the Lithuanian gymnasiums (a kind of a Lithuanian secondary school). In due course the involvement and participation of higher education schools and other education institutions is expected.
Main goal of the ESF Academy is to increase public awareness of the European Social Fund, expand the ranks of potential applicants, give them knowledge and skills in regard with the EU structural support and opportunities for project implementation, as well as to involve in an attractive way the entire gymnasium community – from heads and teachers to gymnasium pupils – into the employment activities.
Scope of the ESF Academy’s Activities
All gymnasiums registered with the ESF Academy will have an opportunity:
- to get for their libraries all up to date publications about the ESF and EU structural support;
- to have direct contacts with the ESF employees during various events;
- to participate in different creative competitions for slogans, pictures, projects, essays, scenarios, short video clip production, photography, etc. The pieces of art created during such competitions will be introduced to the interested groups, mass media and broad public;
- to participate in debates and roundtable discussions on relevant topics;
- to get history lessons on the EU, ESF and structural funds;
- to participate in meetings with project developers implementing their projects successfully in different regions;
- to participate in annual congresses of the ESF Academy.
The activity of the ESF Academy is funded by the project Implementation of Information and Publicity Measures for Administration of the Human Resources Development Programme of the Programming Period 2007-2003 under measure VP1-5.2-FM-01-V of the Human Resources Development Programme VP1 of Lithuania 2007-2013.